MENEGHETTI INTERNATIONAL ART PRIZE
The Meneghetti International Art Prize was established by the Antonio Meneghetti Scientific and Humanistic Research Foundation, to promote artistic expression as a yearning for beauty, giving everyone – regardless of age and experience – the chance to follow this inspiration that Maestro Meneghetti sought in himself and all mankind throughout his life.
The theme of the 2017 Prize is “the function of beauty in art as an essential element in the life of man” and will be awarded to the work that best expresses this theme for its communicative capacity, expressive quality and originality, among the painting, sculpture, design and fashion sections.
The Meneghetti International Art Prize is divided into more prizes to be awarded in the following sections:
- One prize for the winners of each four sections, consisting in a week-long stay (transfer not included) at the premises of the Antonio Meneghetti Scientific and Humanistic Research Foundation in Lizori, including the organization of a personal exhibition in the same spaces at Lizori, with dedicated catalogue.
- Semifinalist works will be featured in a collective exhibition at the premises of the Antonio Meneghetti Scientific and Humanistic Research Foundation in Lizori, also with dedicated catalogue.
Applications shall be submitted online exclusively, by registering on www.antoniomeneghetti.ch and following the instructions on the website itself, no later than 30th June 2017, by:
- filling out the specifically dedicated participation request, including the applicant’s personal information as well as contact information (e-mail and phone number), and a one-page curriculum vitae. Submission shall be in English or Italian exclusively or the participation request shall be rejected;
- uploading three photographs or projects representing the work that the applicant wishes to participate with, it being understood that the candidate will need to match all admission criteria regarding the dimensions and characteristics of the work, under penalty of exclusion from participation in the Prize
- applicants may only participate with one work for each section. A new registration must be completed for each work proposed.
For further information please contact the Prize Organization Secretary Office at the following e-mail [email protected].
The Prize Jury for the 2017 Edition, chaired by the President of the Antonio Meneghetti Scientific and Humanistic Research Foundation, Ms. Pamela Bernabei, will be composed of the following members: art critic and Artistic Director of the Antonio Meneghetti Scientific and Humanistic Research Foundation, Mr. Ermanno Tedeschi; Vice President for Internationalisation at Confindustria and General Manager at Mattioli Company, Ms. Licia Mattioli; Director of the Brera Academy of Fine Arts, Mr. Franco Marrocco; Director of the Shanghai Sculpture Center, Mr. Masayuki Koorida; Director of the Kunsthalle Museum in Göppingen, Mr. Werner Meyer; coordinator of the Photography Department at IED, Turin, Ms. Bruna Biamino; Head Curator at Grounds for Sculpture, Hamilton, New Jersey, Mr. Tom Moran; Sculptor, artist, formerly professor at the Turin Academy of Fine Arts, Mr. Riccardo Cordero.
For anything not expressly stated here, please refer to the provisions of the Meneghetti International Art Prize terms and conditions, which are integral part of this announcement and regulate who can participate, the participation methods, and the criteria and procedures for selection.