PARSONS, THE NEW SCHOOL FOR DESIGN
The New York college
Parsons is an important school of American fashion, over the past 10 years have formed important and famous designers.
Many of these are now part of the faculty.
Most of the teachers working in areas in which they teach. Students speak very good about of their instructors. What’s more, the school has partnered with many retailers and companies with the goal of getting the students’ work.
Mission and Vision
The New School’s future will be shaped by the core values that have defined our past: academic freedom, tolerance, and experimentation.
The New School prepares students to understand, contribute to, and succeed in a rapidly changing society, and thus make the world a better and more just place. We will ensure that our students develop both the skills a sound liberal arts education provides and the competencies essential for success and leadership in the emerging creative economy. We will also lead in generating practical and theoretical knowledge that enables people to better understand our world and improve conditions for local and global communities.
We are and will be a university where design and social research drive approachesto studying issues of our time, such as democracy, urbanization, technological change, economic empowerment, sustainability, migration, and globalization. We will be the preeminent intellectual and creative center for effective engagement in a world that increasingly demands better-designed objects, communication, systems, and organizations to meet social needs.
Our vision aligns with shifts in the global economy, society, and environment, which animate our mission and our values:
- Creativity, innovation, and a desire to challenge the status quo, both in what and how we teach and in the intellectual ambitions of the School itself
- Social engagement, orienting students’ academic experience to help them become critically engaged citizens dedicated to solving problems and contributing to the public good.
The New School must embrace these principles and innovate to address shifts in the global economy, society, and environment that require individuals to grapple with complex problems, pursue more fluid and flexible career pathways, and collaboratively create change.
We will fulfill our mission by extending The New School’s legacy as a nontraditional academic community, nimble and responsive to change, that:
- Focuses on and engages with critical contemporary issues
- Prioritizes humanity and culture in designing systems and environments to improve the human condition, an approach that draws on design thinking and the liberal, creative, and performing arts
- Places project-based learning at the center of the educational experience
- Takes full advantage of our New York City location and connectivity to global urban centers.Source: http://www.newschool.edu/mission-vision/
Parsons The New School For Design
66 5th Ave, New York,
NY 10011, Stati Uniti